Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Creative Choices

My project uses home-brewed imagery; graffiti type art on an old crusty wall, this sort of cheap art style is what I think of when I think of college art for some reason. I like the idea of people expressing themselves just anywhere using whatever they have, and not using the expensive brushes and the expensive paints with the expensive canvas. I also think the art style is gritty, and hopefully a collection of college art students have that gritty, young, ambitiousness style.
I created it by drawing figures in an animated style and placing them on an old wall, then using effects to create spray paint. I also used ornate pattern artwork within it in certain places to give a more modern feel and style. The design is supposed to convey youth, essentially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?