Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lawn Art Critiques

Lostintheweeds http://rachel.usi-artspace.com/lawnart/Lawn2.htm

I enjoy the title page, but the ten second auto redirect aspect, although novel, doesn't seem to solve a problem or have a real purpose. I do like the way the page looks quite a bit though.
On to specifics; The title type on pages is creative, but hard to read. The normal body types is difficult to read on the overture page against the white and red gradient. I like the ideas of this website but the execution isn't as tight as I'd like to see. I think the site could remain the same but add small things like a mouse-over effect on clickable buttons and tightening the padding on type so it fits within a certain area tighter such as on the animals page. Also, the images could be better quality, although the actual items depicted are great.
----------------------------------------------------------------
HawianPunch Taz.usi-artspace.com

The animation is solid on this site, and I like the overall feel of it. The green color is unique and it matches the background close enough. I love how the flamingo follows your mouse by changing the image on mouse over. The whole castle theme could be hit or miss, but the photos are nice and the ideas are pretty good. There are a few small errors in spelling on a few pages and some paragraphs are lacking periods. A quick once-over would fix everything on the site I think.
----------------------------------------------------------------
lmserra Haven't found link

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?